Wednesday, October 23, 2013

More for the collection

Actually, these are not for my growing pile of toys, they are destined for a craft sale I have entered in early November. I have not tried to actively sell any of my things before so it is both exciting and a little scary. But, it will be a fun day whether people are interested in buying the things I have made or not! To get ready for the sale, I have made some more of my dress up dolls, and some other smaller toys. I plan to make a few more monster toys for the sale so the girls are not over-represented with the dolls!

These dolls show the different skin tones and also a few other hair styles that can be made. The clothing is always an adventure as I don't really know what to dress them in until they are done, and that inspires me to design their clothes.


Julia, long brown hair and loose ponytail, with beige skin.
Helena, with blonde hair done in 2 braids on top of her head, with pink skin.
Eva I believe I have posted about in another post. She has black hair, done with a single braid across the top, and brown skin.
Idalia, with lighter brown hair, done in an up-do (lots of braids then braided together), with beige skin. 




Views of the hair styles. If you would like to know how to create any of them, please just ask!




Different clothes for different gals! It is such fun creating the outfits for them to wear! 



I also made a long coat set for one of them. It has the coat, a poncho, boots, hat and mitts for those cold days to come. The trim and poncho are mohair (Mickey, my cat just loves any natural yarn so I had to be on the lookout for him while I was making these as he will eagerly steal the yarn to wrestle with it!) The main yarn for these was actually cotton, which is nice for doll clothes as it does not pill and is not as slippery to put on and take off for little hands. 


Those fingers are so darned cute! And his mouth has a tunnel behind it so he can really "eat" things! 


This is a monster I also just finished. He was part of another pattern test and was a very nice change of pace from the dolls. He got chased up the cat ladder by some ghosts that I made by special request for Hallowe'en!

That appears to be all I have to say for now .... off to make a cup cozy tonight and then back to dolls and monsters! 
Have a wonderful week!






2 comments:

  1. gorgeous as usual Donna. Hope they sell for you. You will then be able to buy more yarn to keep you busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so creative! the different skin tones and hairstyles are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete