Monday, June 23, 2014

Doll Clothes and More Doll Clothes

My goodness how time flies! Many projects have been completed and much has been planned, as always for me! There are never enough hours in a day to do all that I intend.

I have been amazed at how many people have shown interest in my doll directions, and I was so happy to be able to see pictures of some finished dolls too! Who knew writing knitting patterns could be so satisfying? Alas, I have stopped recording the directions for making things this month as I have jumped into a doll clothes making phase. I will not take the time to tell you about all the clothes here, but they are all on my Ravelry page if you would like to read more specifics about them. I think I have to be careful or I am going to become too fond of my 18 inch model doll and won't want to part with the things that I make for her. So far I have resisted giving her a name, as once that happens I think I will have firmly adopted her and then she will need even more clothes! :D

Winter set -- coat, warm headband, mittens, boots, scarf and messenger bag. All items in this set were knit.

Going to the library set:  top, skirt, sandals, book bag, headband and belt. The sandals were crochet, but all other parts were knit.

Dressed up for the dance: The skirt was a test crochet, which I enjoyed as I learned how to use beads when I crochet. The skirt was not well suited to being just a skirt though so I created a top to go with it. All crochet.

Crochet skirt set for a job interview perhaps? The cardigan was modified from a pattern for a smaller doll and the skirt was once again my own creation. All crochet.

I bought some Bernat mosaic yarn as the colours are so vibrant, but then what to do with the yarn? Why, crochet colourful clothing for dolls of course! Full skirt, puffy sleeve bolero and shell, with kerchief to match, all crochet and all my own designs.



The Cabbage Patch model is Violet, and I thank my daughter in law for kindly lending her to me so I could make suitable clothes for this kind of doll. I had many requests for clothing for these at the craft shows last fall, and I admit, they are fun to make. As you can see, I got a little carried away with a few ensembles for Violet.

White skirt and matching ruffled top, my own designs. Knit pants, shell, and jacket from various sources ... see Ravelry for more information on them. Also some matching shoes.


White pants, striped top, tri colour headband (which can also be worn as a belt), navy short rompers, navy hoodie, red ankle bracelet, and a red skirt and white top which is not pictured here, for a weekend get away for Violet!

Capri pants, sweater (or it can be worn the other way around as a t shirt), shoes, headband and bag for a fast trip to the store.


The end of the month finds me making Nursery Rhyme softees as my husband gave me 2 wonderful knitting books for my birthday. One is Knitted Nursery Rhymes, by Sarah Keen, and the other is another Sarah Keen book, Knitted Noah's Ark. I have her book of patterns for wild animals too, so once I start the ark project, I am sure it will be crammed full of animals!

Hope to record a few more patterns in the near future, to share with you. Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What well dressed dolls you have Donna. All lovely outfits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila. I suppose I am too old to be playing with dolls, but it is fun to dress them up! :D Hope they generate some interest in the fall craft shows or I will be dressing them up for a while.

    ReplyDelete