Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This and that

I have not started any large projects again yet, but I do have the yarn to make some more baby items. Bernat finally got back to me about the problem I had about a month ago. The normal procedure when there is a flaw in their yarn is to return it to the store that you got it from, like all other things I suppose. But, since it took them so long to respond to me, and 2 emails expressing my disappointment, they sent a box of yarn today with 2 of the large balls of the Baby Sport Sparkle! Both white. I may make a fancy blanket out of them .... we shall see. I also made some dishcloths for my family for Easter, and my husband wondered yesterday if that idea would make a good bath mitt for him. He likes to use the liquid soap but does not have good luck with the plastic puff things. It took a surprising amount of hunting to find a pattern for men's mitts, but I did find one. I used the Handcrafter cotton to knit one up for him, the same as I used for the dishcloths (if you are reading this and you are one of the recipients of the dishcloths, please start to use them for the purpose for which they were made! They are not too pretty to use!) I will let you know what he thinks of his new bath mitt after he uses it for a while! To me, the mitt looks very large, but it will shrink with washing as it is cotton.

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea Donna. So glad you got a response about the yarn. Too often these companies just ignore complaints.

    ReplyDelete