This is actually going to my father's apartment next week, if he would like it. My mother died a few weeks ago, and I thought this would make a nice tribute to her since she did not get to enjoy her sweater for very long. I wanted to keep the sweater, as a memory of her, but it was taken. So, I made something new for her memory. My father would not keep fresh flowers very well, but these knitted flowers may serve the purpose. I guess it will just depend on whether he wants to keep it. If not there, then I will keep it here as my own reminder of her memory.
My daughter in law sent me picture of a knitted cat a few months ago, as I am a bit of a cat lady. She thought I might want to make one for each of my 3 cats. And it is so darned cute that indeed that is my current project! First under the needle is my ginger girl, as she is the oldest. I am part way done and will post the finished cats later in the week!
This is the pattern I am using, but I am changing the colours to match my cats.
Source: Siamese Kitty via FuzzyMitten on Craftsy

No comments:
Post a Comment