Monday, January 14, 2013

More Toys!

I have had some fun making a few things from the books I got for Christmas. The penguin is from Susan B Anderson's book, Itty Bitty Toys. I wanted something easy to make as I sat at the hospital visiting and this fit the bill. My gauge must have been off some as I think the black and white should have been squares rather than rectangles, but I got them to work okay. I will make something with a little more challenge next, the bunny I think, ready for Easter!


I also made the French Bulldog and a Miniature Dashound from the Ami Ami Incredibly Cute Dogs book. I imagine I will work my way through all of these little doggies. Very cute. I find it challenging to have the colour changes for the spots etc in the dogs. I will need to work on that technique.




I also need to work on a more consistent way to do the eyes. I am considering trying some clear nail polish on top of embroidered eyes, but that would only be for toys that were not intended for very small children. The beads look good, but again, I don't like that idea for babies. Once the yarn store has moved (Len's Mill Store here is moving to a bigger place, yippee!) I will get some more safety eyes for the special toys. Some people use felt and glue that on but that seems to be the same issue for me as not wanting anything that might come off for little ones if they pull on it. Perhaps if I knew who I was creating the toys for, it might make my final touches easier to decide upon!
One of the groups I am in had the monthly challenge of bears, for which I made these two characters. They are quite cute! I think all children like teddy bears!



No comments:

Post a Comment