Monday, December 31, 2012
Chunky Cabled Mittens and Ramblings
These are the matching pattern to the hat I finished last month. This time I doubled up the yarn as I was not happy with the loose knit of the hat so far as warmth goes. I am very happy with the mittens, they will be warm and I like the style of them. I worked on them often while visiting and waiting for hubby at the hospital. He should be coming home today .... fingers crossed.
I also knit a lining for the hat after I finished the mittens, in order to make it warmer. It was my own fault it was not thick enough, as it was supposed to be a chunkier yarn than Bernat Softee Chunky. None the less, I have fixed that up now as well.
For Christmas I made many pair of mucluc style slippers for the family, some hats, a warm long mitten for hubby at dialysis, some cowls and scarves, and a shawl. And of course the toys and sweaters for the niece'sand nephew's children. The dialysis nurses ended up getting some flat Santa ornaments, or some fat Santa ornaments (my own creations), or a snowman or one of the crochet tarts. I had intended to send just the tarts and cupcakes, but hubby wanted a variety so I improvised! :D I have also made several more of the sheep, so the flock now has a blue sheep, pink sheep, black sheep, mohair sheep, and the original white sheep. Might make a few more to enter the January contest, or perhaps not. I have been entering many contests the last month, so perhaps one will be lucky.
I got some new pattern books for Christmas, one of Susan Anderson's knitted toys, and another of amigurumi dogs. I am looking forward to getting into those now, but I want to make a little more progress on the sweater I have started first. That will be an entirely new blog post I think!
Cheers, and happy New Year to all who drop by to see what I have been creating. I don't know who you are, but there are many of you from all over the world and it always makes me smile when I see how many people around the world do pop in to read. Thank you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You certainly keep very busy Donna. Happy new year to you too and I look forward to seeing more of your creations xxx
ReplyDelete