Friday, May 24, 2013

Intarsia Blanket ... so colourful and toasty warm!

The last month has found me busy creating a very good sized blanket, using intarsia. This is another test knit from the Ravelry group. It is made of 20 squares, half of which are done with a nature themed intarsia design, and the other half are colourful solid colours. It was a lot of work, but well worth it. I really like the finished blanket. It took about 11 skeins of yarn and close to (or over) 100 hours of work to complete.



Each of the squares has its own design chart, so it will also be easy to add the designs to sweaters or other things. I think it would also make a lovely baby blanket is only 9 squares were used. So many ideas have run through my mind while working on it! If only there were more hours in the day for knitting! LOL Or, perhaps if I knit faster it would accomplish the same thing!


Finished blanket on a twin size bed


Some of the squares early in the process of creation



Until next time then. Working on a few small toys for a few weeks now, so will post about them as they get finished.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Donna, not sure I would have the patience to make this

    ReplyDelete