Wednesday, May 29, 2013

GRRRR Beware of the Lions!

Another test project from Nerdy Knitter Designs. This is Kon, inspired by a cartoon I have no clue about. But, I am totally in like with this little guy. It is a fast project and does not require much in the way of yarn. I should have taken a close up of his mouth as it is so cute. The jaw is a separate piece as is his little tongue hanging out. If you enjoy making toys, this is one to consider! The mane is constructed of triangles, rather than a yarn fringe, which would make it much better for younger children since they are more secure and less prone to being pulled out over time. The tail tuft was secured by individual yarn lengths being knotted rather than as a pom pom, but a small pom pom would work just as easily.


The pride of young lions lurking in the iris, pretending to prowl the depths of the jungle looking for adventures.

Relaxing in the lounge chair after the stress of the photo shoot


The first lion to take shape, introducing Kon!



1 comment:

  1. Another charming project, Donna. I love how you pose them so creatively!

    ReplyDelete