December 4 is her birthday, and also her father's birthday (my grandfather). Although they are no longer with me, their spirits truly are. It is so fitting that I happened to go to St. Joseph's LifeCare, which is a retirement/nursing home here in Brantford for my second craft show and sale on their birthday! It was purely serendipitous, Wednesday is the best day for me to do something like that that takes me away from home for any extended period of time due to my husbands health. I was also lucky that my son and future daughter in law were able to take a work at home day to stay with him so no worries at all for me while I enjoyed my day of sales. It was like the home that my Mom was in in so many ways, and I enjoyed talking with and listening to the residents as they came by to look at my things.
One family sat quite close to me and I was able to watch and listen to them as they shared a snack and visited, and the mother was so much like my own mother in the way she reacted. Near the end of their visit, one of her daughters came over to look at my things and she bought one of my large dolls for her mother, because she loved them too! That was so heart warming for me to see that my doll was going to bring smiles to someone so much like Mom! I am so glad the chain of events lead me to that place on that day! Small things can so often make a big difference in our lives! Happy birthday Mom, and Papa! I was thinking about you on your special day.
The sale went very well, and I would certainly like to go there again (with different things of course) just for the pleasure of visiting with the people! Perhaps in the spring if I can get some spring themed things ready ....
I was able to get some stands to hang the toys from, and brought my drier rack to hang some things from, so the display was better than the first show I did. I need to find some better table coverings perhaps though that reach the floor from all sides for next fall. No rush on that, I am sure I will come across something in my shopping that will make a lovely backdrop for the toys.
Many thanks to Audrey for her picture taking. I remembered my camera this time but did not remember to get it out of my purse! :D




Your display looks very nice Donna. So glad you did better and enjoyed your day. I think a large bed sheet would make a good table cover for you.
ReplyDeleteThe day was meant to be, in so many ways. Look at all you have achieved and think about all the smiles you have put on peoples' faces. I believe your mother and grandfather were smiling too.
ReplyDelete