Friday, September 7, 2012

Gharry the Travelling Gnome

One of the groups I have joined in Ravelry has a fun project each month. This month everyone is making a gnome, and then taking pictures of him or her in different places. And so, I introduce you to Gharry, my gnome. There are a surprising number of free gnome patterns available, and I started with one, but as I worked on the hat I found I did not really like the pattern, so I just created as I crocheted. Just a fun little project. I may set him free to continue his travels in a few weeks so he will really be a traveling Gnome..... If you see him, please welcome him into your home for a while!



Gharry did not believe I still have strawberries growing. He really liked the smell of the verbena he was sitting in. 

Enjoying the sun in the garden. 

Daphne and Gharry share a laugh 

A walk among the flowers 

Tree climbing proved to be good exercise and provided a great view 

He helped harvest the daily tomato crop, still a few left to ripen.
Gharry went to dialysis one night to keep Vince 
 company. 

The dialysis machines are state of the art. 


3 comments:

  1. How wonderful, he is already well traveled. LOL. Whilst walking over the Thames on the Millennium bridge i saw a Chinese man placing a soft toy by the railings on the bridge and taking a photo of it. Wonder if he was doing a similar thing lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I have to take him somewhere exciting to take his picture, maybe Niagara Falls or Toronto. There are actually many people who do the travelling doll idea and take pictures of it in new places. The magazine that the teachers union publishes have a similar idea but have you taking pictures with their magazine in it. Maybe Gharry will go for a trip to Wales one day and you can enjoy his company on your walks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of nice places for him to visit in Wales, I would love to take him walking with me lol

    ReplyDelete