Tuesday, September 11, 2012

More Cats to add to the toy collection!

Yet another monthly challenge in another group. I find so many interesting patterns this way! We had a choice of a knitted cat or a crocheted dog for September in this one. I intend to make the dog as well but have to enlarge the written pattern so I can read it. Group info is here Amigurumi Addicts Group

I have 2 cats done, complete with little clothes. They are a little large to call amigurumi, I think, but perhaps there is no real size requirement for them. They are surprisingly light, because the pattern is such that it is almost a flat toy. This would be a great pocket doll to carry around for those reasons. In any case, I present to you Kate and Karl Kat as they inspect a tent for a future camping trip!


Kate is wearing a pink and rose dress with a touch of lace near the waistline, while Karl is sporting a raglan sleeve sweater and tweedy green pants with red waistband and cuff detail.



They have cute little tails! Karl is a little larger as he was created with a heavier weight of yarn, while Kate was created with baby sport yarn.


Some other people have used button eyes, which may be fine for these as they do not seem to be for young children, due to the removable clothing. 

This is grisig the cat, by Julia Weiss posted in Revelry. Here is Grisig


This is the link to see the other gnomes that have been finished, if you have been following Gharry in his travels. Travelling Gnome group

No comments:

Post a Comment