Sunday, December 2, 2012

A hat for me!

I have been busy getting things ready for Christmas, and have not posted about them as that would ruin the surprise! But I have been busy making things the last few weeks.

I bought a new jacket for myself a few weeks ago and it is a very different colour from what I have had in the past, so, this means I need new hats and mittens etc to go with it. On Friday I happened to see a call for test knitters (on The Testing Pool group in Ravelry) for a hat, so I jumped into the test. I already had the yarn, 3 skeins of Bernat Softee Chunky in hot blue that I had found at the Zellers liquidation sale a few weeks earlier. Who knew I would need this colour for my new accessories? :D

The hat was a fast knit and I am very happy with it. It has 4 good sized cables around it, with a lovely wide ribbed edge. I still need to block it, but I am looking forward to wearing it once the snow returns (not too soon I hope). It will be perfect for my dialysis drives to pick up hubby.


The designer of this hat is a very young, and obviously talented designer. On reading her blog page, she is only 18. (or she was when she wrote that blog entry!). I believe she will be engineering many wonderful designs over the coming years. Thank you Katja for accepting me to test this hat for you!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, thanks Donna! I just found your blog via Ravelry. I'm so glad you like the hat. :) Actually, there's a pair of mittens coming up soon featuring the same cable pattern, which you might be interested in test knitting for me when it's ready. :)
    And you're right, I am only 18! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would certainly test the mittens to match! I will keep working on my Christmas projects and keep the yarn for the mittens when that pattern needs to be tested then! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know when I seek testers for them then!

      Delete