Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Flowers Baby Blanket

I created a new pattern for a baby blanket! I think I am so looking forward to the spring flowers that it inspired me. It is basically a huge granny square built around a square of dbl crochet in the centre.


I started with some rose/white boucle for the centre, which is just rows of double crochet. Boucle is a real pain to corchet with, by the way! But, I like the look of it because it looks just like the petals of hyacinth flowers!

I then changed to yellow because that reminded me of daffodils. 9 rows of dbl crochet shells, then 1 row of boucle. I used only 2 sets fo dbl cr for the shells in the boucle because it is so bulky and so hard to crochet. I switched back to yellow for another 9 rows. Another row of boucle, then 3 rows of yellow. I changed to green for the border "leaves", 1 row of sc, 1 row of dbl cr then a scalloped edging. Finished size is 32 inches square, not blocked. I will wash it and lay it flat to dry, but will not aggressively block it. It could actually be machine washed and laid flat to dry or dried on gentle in the machine as it is all acrylic. Best to have east care things for babies.







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Donna, don't think I would try to crochet with boucle. I think I still have a pram cover I made for Imran somewhere, I must find it out and post a picture.

    ReplyDelete