Monday, November 18, 2013

My First Craft Show

I have survived my first craft show, thanks to much support and encouragement from my family. It was great fun, and for me it was also a little exciting. It ended up being quite a small show, so far as potential customers were concerned as it was mainly the dancers and their families who attended (it was a fund raiser for a dance group that is raising money to travel to Scotland for a competition). I learned so much from the experience, and got some good tips from the other vendors about other shows that are worth entering, and also a contact in one of the facilities in town that lets you set up a table and sell your things there for a donation, depending on how much you sell (10 % of sales, but that is not really bad since all the other shows have a table charge to enter.) I got confirmation this morning that they have accepted me to set up a table there, so now I am excited again! :D It will be on Wed. Dec. 4, from 10 am until 3 pm. That will work wonderfully for me as the nurse and the PSW both come on that day so I won't have to worry about hubby being alone for too long. Now I can hardly wait to get creating those small toys again to stock up the things that were sold, but first, to finish off the 2 sweaters that were ordered at the last sale. I just have the sleeves on the larger size to finish, then I can get them delivered.


3 comments:

  1. Your display looks wonderful Donna. Hope the next sale goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If these don't sell well at the next show, I will eat my socks (but not the ones I am currently knitting!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It was just that the crowd was not overly large at the sale, but it was a great way for me to get some experience. I have purchases some stands to display the toys from and have set it up downstairs to see what that is like, and I think it will work very well. I am excited to try it again! And now I am motivated to get making things again to fill up the inventory. :D Today I will finish the last sweater that was ordered at the other sale and will get them delivered this week.

    ReplyDelete