Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Bunny Wedding

 This is a Lion Brand free pattern for a cake topper, really, that I adapted to make a wedding party of bunnies! The bride and groom are made exactly from the pattern, but the yarn was perhaps a lighter weight than the others so they are a little smaller than the attendants and wedding guests.  Now that I have a good feel for the pattern, I will make another bride and groom and also some additional wedding guests in more colours.
I need to give credit (or blame!) for the bunny overload to my son and future daughter in law! I am having such fun making these little guys and gals! 


I think I may also make a wedding party of penguins, and mice. Time will tell!

Other things I have been busy making include my matching cowl, beret and fingerless mitts, and a large polar bear complete with snow suit. And another cake topper designed by Alan Dart that might merit its own post ...




4 comments:

  1. The knit set is lovely. Is this from the Romni wool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was some of the wool from Romni Wools. I have been wearing them every day since I finished them and quite like them. I did not block the hat and gloves though .... so the pattern on the hat does not really show off well. But I like it fine the way it is. I found a huge difference in the cowl once it was blocked, but it needed it for sure as it has a scalloped edge that did not show up well unblocked.

    ReplyDelete