Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Cats are Done!






I had fun making the cats, but I would not recommend this pattern for anything except the Siamese cats, to be honest. They are very cute .... trying to change the pattern to make other markings was quite a challenge. Maggie's face has way too much white on it, but otherwise it turned out well. I learned how to make the white face more of an upside down V for Mickie, and I had fun trying to give him a long mane like he really has, but it looks a little funny! I got his markings more accurate, but if I made another, I would use the fuzzy yarn for all of his white. I bought some boucle for both the grey cat (Mickie) and the tabby cat (Daphne), as they are both very fuzzy kitties. Maggie is a true short hair cat so the regular fingering yarn was fine for her. Daphne is the tabby cat, and the yarn is a good colour for her, but the markings were very hard to make, other than her black paws. It was hard to make her eyes as she was so dark, nothing would show up so I resorted to using green buttons for her. It was fun making them, and I like them. Not sure if I will make more or not. Perhaps I will make a few in the Siamese pattern itself and see if I can find a different pattern for knitted cats if I feel like improving upon my own little pets! I will also post a real picture of the kitties, since they are my little fur babies!

1 comment: