Monday, August 13, 2012

Amigurumi Fish

I joined an amigurumi group in Revelry, I believe I mentioned, and there is a monthly CAL (crochet along). The project for this month is a fancy fish, and so I got the hook out and found some neat sparkly purple at Len's in the $1 bin (someone had taken the label off of it, so it was pretty much ruined so far as selling for regular price). It took me the day to make it. I did not like the way the pattern was presented, so that was one of the things I learned in creating this one. It was not a written pattern but was just charted. If it was not for the pictures that were presented along with the chart, I would have been lost. I am sure that is partly because I am not really much of a crocheter. I also learned how to make the fins as part of the main body without making them and then attaching them so that will be a time saver for future projects for things like mouse ears or such. I do find a written pattern easier to follow. Nevertheless, the fish turned out quite well. The problem is now, who needs a pretty purple fish? LOL I am not sure why my links are not showing up as live anymore, but this is the site for the pattern. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/20g-crocheted-fish

No comments:

Post a Comment