Sunday, August 12, 2012

I have been a busy little knitter this week, but some things I can not show or tell you about just yet as they are a surprise for someone! I have joined a few groups in Ravelry, and one of them is a group of Canadian knitters who do a swap every month. I read about the previous swaps and decided I would join in this month to see if I enjoyed that idea. So far, it has been fun! I have knit some things to send to my swap partner and have one more thing to finish before sending in the mail to her this week. Oh, the theme of this swap was the alphabet so we have to send a minimum of 3 things with a $20 value that start with the first letter of our partners name. The person we send to is not the person we receive from, so it is a way to build friends from around the country. My partners name starts with M so that is what I am working on! :D
I have also been busy with day trips this week, might as well enjoy summer while it is here. But, I have finished Puss 'n Boots, and he is a very handsome fellow! I think I will make another of these just for the fun of it!
Maggie wanted to read the story too!
I also started on a shawl for myself and got a good start on it, but then decided I did not like it as the bottom edge keeps curling up. I think it will do that even when it is finished as it was a cresent shape shawl so the rows kept getting longer. I have another pattern that I will try instead with it. I don't normally like to take things apart, but thought it was a waste of the yarn (and a very pretty yarn it is too) to finish it and then never use it. It is Bernat Softee Chunky, in Terra Cotta Mist. Very pretty blend of browns, rust and a little black. It looks like a fall colour to me. I will let you know what I end up making with it. I am thinking of making the Allegro shawl but without the back seam in it. www.freevintagekinitting.com/shawls/allegro-shawl-pattern.html I think that will work ....

3 comments:

  1. My friend Sheila on ravelry has made some lovely shawls if you want to check her projects out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will see if I can track her down .... you have many many Sheila friends! :D

      Delete
    2. She is on my Ravelry page, I only have 4 friends there she is Sheila WB. If you look at DelilahK you can see all her work, it is Sophie

      Delete