Saturday, August 18, 2012

Shawl? Mini poncho? Reading cuddler?

I am not sure what to call this one, exactly. My shawl idea did not pan out. I started 3 different patterns and was not happy with how any of them were going, so tore them out to start fresh. Audrey brought some patterns over that she found from her learning to knit period many moons ago, and I found a few things there that tweaked my interest .... and so the new project was born! It is officially called "Pretty in Pink" from a Coats and Clark pattern (a free one if anyone is also interested in this idea) I did not make it in pink so it needs a new name for mine .... I think it is something that would be handy to wear on those days when it is not cold enough to turn the furnace on, but cool enough that you want something on your shoulders (like a shawl). I can envision it being worn while snuggled into a favourite chair to do some reading. I used 3 skeins of Bernat Softee Chunky in Terra Cotta Mist for this. I love the colours in it! I took about 380 yards with a tiny bit left, and I also made it 6 stst longer so the last pattern before the bottom border is longer than the pattern called for. I would make this again, in different colours, I believe. Husband is not sure it looks like something I would wear, and perhaps he is right, as it looks like it would make a great gift for someone who likes to read! But if it does end up in the gift basket, I will definitely be making one for myself as well. It is hard to take a picture of myself modelling the project with the tablet, but nonetheless, here I am!
I found out about a wonderful place to purchase yarn in Listowel and they have a tremendous sale on this week. I wish my schedule would allow for a day trip there so I could stock up (I know, I don't really need to stock up anymore, but the deals are so GREAT!). The flyer of the sale is here .... Alas, I don't think this week is going to make that possible but I will keep it in mind for future reference. Mary Maxim's is also having a tent or inventory sale this week so that one is close enough that I can pop out to that one afternoon to see what their sale is like!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm Links show up fine in the compose section but do not show up in the published version. So strange. Pattern is here http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Knitting/Projects/Accessories/LW1458+Pretty+in+Pink.htm
    Yarn Factory Outlet is here http://www.yarnfactoryoutlet.com/index.html
    Sale flyer is here http://www.yarnfactoryoutlet.com/newsletters/aug2012/webversion.htmlhttp://www.yarnfactoryoutlet.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete