Sunday, September 16, 2012

Desmond Dinosaur Drops from the needles!

Welcome Desmond to the stuffed toy collection!




He is made using the same body, head and legs as the giraffe. (Except I did not put as much of the contrast colour on the feet). Instead of a mane, Desmond got spikes along his back, and his tail is a very large knitted triangular invention. His underbelly needed a splash of colour so he got an orange patch. I am not sure of the main colour as it was some yarn that I had in my box and it did not have a label, but the contrast is Carrot and it is a Bernat SuperValue. I used a smaller size needle (4.5 mm) to  make him, as the yarn was not as thick so the resulting toy is a little smaller as well. Overall pleased with him! He is wide awake and ready for play. (I think it is the sleepy eyes that make the giraffe so cute.)

1 comment: