Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Chubby Sheep Amigurumi
I have found so many interesting groups on Ravelry, which inspire me to create my own things. One of the recent groups I joined is called The Underground Crafter, and the moderator of this group has her own blog in which she reviews patterns and books, and she also creates her own designs. The current design is a truly adorable sheep. So far, I have made 3 of these little toys, each one very unique and sweet!
My initial sheep was completed using a skein of mohair yarn that I received in a swap package. It was a little hard to crochet with as it was so fuzzy, but I was determined to have a mohair sheep. The popcorn stitch is lost in the fluff, unfortunately, so I added some legs and a tail to it to bring it to life. This one, alas, is a favourite of one of my cats, who kept trying to steal the yarn as I was making it, and now he will pounce upon it and take it away to play with if I leave it within his reach.
I then set about making an ordinary sheep in white acrylic yarn, nothing fancy at all. I discovered in making this one that I most likely did not do a very good job on the popcorn stitch of the mohair sheep. But, she is cute and has her own personality! She also got feet and a tail, since the popcorns were not overly well done.
Sheep number 3 was done in Caron Simply Soft yarn, and is the most like it should be. Yarn is so important, even when making toys! This is the little sheep with the blue face, legs and a blue "collar". I thought this would be a great gift for a baby .... and I like it so much I am now making another with a pink face!
So, thank you, Underground Crafter, for the joy of creating these little toys! They are quite easy, especially if you already know how to do the popcorn stitch (I know how to do it well now too!)
Underground Crafter Group on Ravelry
Underground Crafter Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



lovely Donna, especially the new breed, the blue faced sheep!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words, Donna! Your sheep are super cute!
ReplyDelete