Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Another cat joins the party!

When I was making my little cat toys (see posts of a few weeks ago), I began to wonder what it would be like if I made an entire cat of the yarn that I used for the white mane of my own little guy. I put the idea on the back burner while I finished the little boy sweater and then I got into the amigurumi animals. A comment by my good friend brought the white fluffy cat back to my mind, and so it has now been completed. I used the same pattern as for the Siamese cat, except I put it together in a 4 leg down position. The head needs to be shaped differently to have it looking forward, so he ended up with a sideways gaze. I used grey for his 4 feet, but then became inspired and used a strand of both the fluffy white and grey together for the tip of the tail and the face. This gave a more muted colour difference, and I was pleased with how that worked out. The tail is a little long for the cat, as it was designed for the 2 leg standing up cat so that it would support the toy. I forgot that fact until I had it attached, but it is still cute! The cat itself is smaller since the yarn was not as thick as the double knitting, it is more of a fun yarn. No other changes that I can recall. So, I introduce the newest little cat to you, Buddy Blue Eyes!

5 comments:

  1. And he has made it safely to his new home in Toronto to become a city cat! I know he will be happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Donna, you have quite a menagerie now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. He should write his adventures as a city cat so we can keep in touch with him. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL That would be cute! It could be called The Buddy Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes a great idea. You should join Ravelry site Donna. Lots of ideas and patterns there and you can show your work too. http://www.ravelry.com/ If you join you can be my friend I am called sheilamatilda there.

    ReplyDelete