Thursday, October 18, 2012

Angelfish Shawl is Finished



I finished blocking the shawl last  night, but since the designer has not made the larger shawl herself, I did not know how large to stretch it for the blocking process. The final size for me, as I did the blocking, is 24 inches by 48 inches.  I am not sure if it is the yarn or the blocking, but the pattern does not really POP like I think it should. Maybe it is the colour. I DO like the final product and the yarn was wonderful to work with, I just am sorry it does not show off the design for the designer. But, she just wanted the pattern checked for errors and clarity so those parts I did fulfil well for her.
I intended to model it myself, but my assistant photographer is not very good (and he is also in bed sleeping!) so I took the pictures hanging instead. I hoped the red behind would enhance the design but not so much so. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment