This morning I dutifully made the test swatch, but discovered that I must be a tight knitter, or perhaps my yarn is a lighter weight than she had in mind (although it is classed as the weight she described). I will tear out the first swatch and redo it in 6.5 mm needles to see if that is closer to the correct gauge for me. Might have to go and buy longer circular needles for this, but want to make sure of the needle size first. I am excited to be part of this test!
Swatch trials
New shawl in progress October 10
I have finished to row 43 and have found a few things that need to be clarified. Although it is going well, I am not impressed with the way this colour knits up. It has a camouflage look to it. The yarn itself is nice to work with. I am going to tear it out and start again in Caron Simply Soft Shadows in colour Opal Twist. It is primarily black with a white or brown contrast thread wound through it. It would also make the pattern stand Oct 25 so I have some time to play with still.October 16 The shawl is done! It is a really nice mix of lace and knitting .... feminine but not overly frilly. It took about 2 1/2 balls of the Simply Soft yarn. If it was not part of the pattern test, I would have made it longer to use the yarn, but it is fine as it is. I will block it tomorrow and see what the finished dimensions are. Right now it is 18.5 inches X 40 inches. I think it will be a warm, cuddly addition! Final pictures to come in a few days.



It looks good Donna. I have just finished a cardigan in the multi-coloured yarn though and not happy with the effect. It has just kitted up as stripes which don't match at the seams. Just hoping Jasmine like it. I have 100gm ball left over so don't know what I will do with that.
ReplyDeleteI like the yarn itself, but the colour is not what I expected. I am going to make Vince a pair of slipper/socks from it I think. Or perhaps a hat or scarf for a man. I will figure something useful to make from it!
ReplyDeleteyes maybe a hat and matching mittens would be good.
ReplyDelete