The original cat is the multi coloured little girl on the green cushion. She was made using a Jean Greenhowe pattern from the Animals pattern book. I wanted to make this one for several months but got busy with other things, so when I realized I had nothing on the go at present, this is the project I headed for! I used size 3 mm needles for her, as the pattern called for. The yarn was some left over Bernat Softee Chunkee from the poncho that Audrey made.
All the cats resting on their cushion or blankets
The first 2 cats are having a nap, as given in the directions, but the next 2 wanted to be awake and at play!
I wanted a slightly larger cat, so the next one was created with size 4 mm needles and double strands of yarn. These were just in my yarn stash as bits left from other things so I have no idea what they are, but one seemed to be a worsted weight and one was some kind of brushed yarn. I had hoped that it would end up fluffier, but it has just a slight nap to it. The colour is unique though. She also got a rose blanket/rug for her resting comfort! The grey and white cat came next, and she was made combining a light grey yarn with a much thinner white yarn. I made a little blue blanket/rug for this one. The last cat is the black and white one. I wanted more of a tuxedo cat but I don't think I used enough white to actually call it one. She also got a little cushion to rest on. The cats were all knitted.
The Corgi borrowing one of the cushions from the cats.
The dogs and cats all get along just fine in my house :D
The dogs are crochet creations. The Corgi was the first attempt, using the pattern for the monthly CAL for one of the Ravelry groups I am in. The ears were huge at first so I did an alteration on them to make them more in scale to the dog. Her little legs are so short that her belly rests on the surface she is sitting on too. So, the next dog got longer legs and a modified version of the ears. He looks somewhat like a fox hound or some kind of terrier, to me! I think I will make the dogs a toy to play with when I go back to them. I would like to get another 2 dogs for the collection. For now, I return to my Thanksgiving projects. More on that after the fact I think!







you will have a house full of animals soon Donna, they all look wonderful
ReplyDelete