Friday, April 27, 2012

Marble Chunky Pullover

I have expanded my repertoire to include sweaters for children. This is my first project. It is size 4, knit on 5.5mm and 6 mm needles. Finished dimensions are chest 26 inches, length 16 inches and arm length to underarm 11 inches. I used Ketzer Marble Chunky  200 gm unsure of colour number. Pattern is Bernat Chunky - Kid's Pullover http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=3827 You may have to join the site to view the pattern. Knit in size 4 and took about 14 ounces of yarn ... 2 of the balls. It is also called James Brett now, rather than Kertzer. It is a great yarn to work with and I am very pleased with the finished look of the sweater. The yarn looked so appealing that I really wanted to work with it, and I am glad that I did. It is machine washable and since it is a chunky yarn, it will be warm as well. I think it is suitable for either a girl or a boy. The colours speak to me of autumn leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment